Local 363 IBEW Code of Excellence
IBEW Local Union 363
Code of Excellence Commitments
To All Private Owners, Electrical Contractors and Public Entities
IBEW Local 363 Code of Excellence
Daily Work Standard
- Established starting and quitting times will be strictly followed.
- All members will arrive on time, ready and willing to work. Tardiness and absenteeism will be held to strict minimum.
- Break times will be adhered to as per the standard set forth by the contractor.
- Lunch time will be as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.
- Cell phone usage will be held to break and lunch times.
- Instigating or participating in methods to disrupt or stop work will not be tolerated.
- A zero tolerance of drug or alcohol use will be in effect.
- All members will maintain the required tools called out in the CBA tool list.
- All equipment and tools provided by the employer will be maintained and taken care of to ensure proper and safe working condition.
- No member shall participate in destruction of personal, employer, or customer owned property.
- Any questions pertaining to the standards described above can be brought directly to the IBEW Local 363 Business Manager Sam Fratto at (845) 783-3500. Please specify to the receptionist that you have a Code of Excellence question for the Business Manager.
- All IBEW members working on a code of excellence jobsite will be OSHA 30 certified or in the process of completing the certification.
- All work will be performed in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with industry and jobsite standards.
- All members will utilize provided safety equipment, when required by the contractor or jobsite standards.
- All IBEW Local 363 Electricians will be respectful and courteous.
- Any inappropriate behavior towards a customer, employer, or jobsite representative, including any craftsman from any trade, will strictly be prohibited and result in termination.
- All members shall strive to promote the best positive image of IBEW.
- The highest level of quality and professionalism shall be displayed at all times.
- For safety and appearance, body piercing (eyebrows, nose, lips, ears, tongue, navel etc.) is not acceptable. No rings or necklaces allowed.
- The wearing of shorts, cut-offs or ripped and unsightly clothing of any kind is not allowed.
- Underwear-type and sleeveless shirts, tube tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, and sagging or bagging pants, pants that do not fit the waist or radically altered or frayed clothing are not acceptable.
- Clothing worn overly baggy or below the hips is a safety issue and inappropriate. No sweat pants will be allowed.
- Clothing with explicit and inappropriate language
pertaining to but not limited to the following for:
- Politically partisan remarks.
- Any language that is pro-illegal substances of any kind.
- Advertising for drugs or alcoholic beverages.
- Any language deemed offensive to our customers.
- Language considered vulgar or expletive.
- Language considered obscene, libelous or slanderous.
- Language that creates a clear and present danger of commission of unlawful acts.
- Language that violates state hate-crime laws.
- Decorations, visible tattoos, mottoes, or acronyms that convey crude, vulgar, profane or are sexually explicit or contain suggestive messages are to be covered at all times.
- Proper footwear will be worn at all times. The wearing of sneakers, sandals, on any job site is strictly forbidden.
I have read and fully understand, the Code of Excellence standards and policies set forth in the above document. I assume responsibility for my actions and conduct while performing the duties of an electrician referred from IBEW Local Union 363. I understand the intent of this document is to enhance productivity and increase market share, through a joint effort of the IBEW, the Local Union, and the NECA contractor. I understand failure to comply with the Code could result in disciplinary action as previously stated in the policy.